The Town of New Hope has adopted the most current International Building Code which shall apply to all construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, maintenance and use of any building or structure within this jurisdiction, except where specifically indicated by town ordinance.
You may fill out an online form to submit, it will be sent to the appropriate official. (under construction)
Building Permit Zoning Variance
Town Hall - 972-548-2489
How to Obtain an Application: Call and leave message; or
Pick up application at Town Council Meeting
(last Tuesday of each month)
New Hope Building Inspector - questions? 214-808-1954
All applicable fees must be paid in full prior to consideration of applications by the Town Of New Hope and are not contingent upon approval or disapproval. Late fees for obtaining permits or inspections after work has commenced shall be calculated at two(2) times the applicable fee (2 X fee amount).
How To Obtain a Building Permit
1. Complete and submit an application to Building Inspection Coordinator.
2. Septic Permits must be acquired from Collin County Fire Marshall's Office before Building Permit will be approved.
Residential - New Home
Submit two sets of plans including:
- Foundation Plans (engineered foundation with engineer stamp on plans)
- Floor Plans
- Electrical Plans
- Framing Plans
- Copies of plot and where the structure will be located on the property
- State Road access permit (if necessary)
Residential - Remodel
Submit two sets of plans including:
- Existing Floor Plan
- Proposed Floor PlanPlans must be drawn to scale, dimensioned and of sufficient clarity to be read
easily. Some projects are required by state law to have plans that are certified by an engineer or architect registered under the laws of the state of Texas.
HUD Code Manufactured homes are restricted to the areas zoned specifically for that use. Questions about such homes and lot sizes should be directed to the Building Inspection Coordinator.
You will need to submit 2 copies each of the following:
Foundation Plans (including engineering stamp on the plan)
Copies of plot and where the structure will be located on the property (structure must be 10 feet away from property line)
Copy of County Septic Permit
Permit Fee will be assessed when application is completed and all plans have been received.
Allow 10 days for our Building Inspector to call and confirm when approved permit is ready.
What Inspections Are Required?
All inspection requests should be made to the Building Inspection Coordinator.
These inspections are required:
1. Building - Layout staking foundation, framing; drives, walks; final
2. Plumbing - Ground, top out and gas; final
3. Electrical - Temporary pole; rough-in, final
4. Heating and A.C. - rough, final
5. Miscellaneous - Swimming pool; lawn sprinklers, flat work
Certificate of Occupancy - The "C.O." will be issued upon completion of the final
inspection. The Building Inspector will then issue a green tag stating the property is
okay for occupancy.
The Town of New Hope has adopted the 2000 International Building Code which shall apply to all construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, maintenance and use of any building or structure within this jurisdiction, except where specifically indicated by town ordinance.
A building permit shall not be required for the following items:
1. One story detached accessory buildings used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses, and similar uses provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet, and includes no utilities
2. Fences not over 8 feet high.
3. Movable cases, counters, and partitions not over 5 feet 9 inches high.
4. Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footingto the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding Class 1, II, or Ill-liquids.
5. Water tanks supported directly upon grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons and the ratio of height to diameter does not exceed 2:1.
6. Platforms, walks, and driveways not more than 30 inches above grade and not over any basement or story below.
7. Painting, papering and similar finish work.
8. Temporary motion picture. television and theater stages, sets, and scenery.
9. Window awnings supported by an exterior wall when projecting not more than 54 inches.
10. Prefabricated swimming pools in which the pool walls are entirely above the adjacent grade and if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons, and require no separate utilities.
How Much Will It Cost?
Building permits are based on the value of construction. Permit fee includes all inspections except for re-inspections. Re-inspections incur an additional $60/hr.
Accessory buildings, Barns, Arenas and other Agricultural Buildings (Value of construction will be the total contract cost.) All building projects must meet the required setbacks from road and property lines. (Buildings under 120 sq. ft. and with no utilities, do not require a permit.)
Residential Plan Review Fee $ 75 (nonrefundable